OUR CLIENTS INCLUDE DOMESTIC AND OFFSHORE HEDGE FUNDS, PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS AND REAL ESTATE FUNDS, AS WELL AS DEBT AND EQUITY PRIVATE PLACEMENT ISSUERS IN EVERY MAJOR INDUSTRY SECTOR. BELOW IS A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF OUR CLIENTS.
- Titan Equity International, Ltd.
- Summit Global Investments, LLC
- Biggs Capital Fund, LP
- Biopharma Growth Fund, LP
- Command Capital Management Options Fund, LP
- Concentus Variable Bias Fund, LP
- CORR, LLC
- White Knight Capital Partners, LLC
- Dealer Advance Group, LLC
- Precision Capital Partners, LP
- DMTS Capital Advisors, LLC
- Five Star Capital Fund, LP
- GEM Investments, LLC
- Rahling Capital Group, LLC
- Selah Companies, LLC
- High Growth Fund, LLC
- Tailwinds Portfolio, LP
- AmaSyn, Inc.
- Animus Vincio, LLC
- YogaVeda Beverage Company, LLC
- Logician Capital, LP
- South River Forex Fund, LP
- TD Blackrock, LLC
- The Rahling Fund, LP
- Olympus Investment Portfolio, Ltd
- Green Capital Ventures, Inc.
- JWMC Fund, LP
- KCM Global Alpha Fund, LP
- Krygier Investments, LLC
- Lionheart Strategic Lending Fund, LP
- Medichip Technologies, Inc.
- Microloan Holdings, LLC
- Zeus Alpha II Offshore Fund Cayman Ltd.
- Millennium Finance, LLC
- Mountain West Debt Fund, LP
- Bramaramba Gardens, LLC
- Mountain West Senior Secured, LLC
- Numlock, LP
- Polaris Armor, Inc.
- AppLinkTV International, LLC
- Summit Ridge Partners, LP
- Livid Mobile, Inc.
- Talk Radio News Radio, LLC
- Thermal Imaging Radar, LLC
- Western Credit Service Company, LLC
- XOOMDRINX, LLC
- Global Asymmetry, LP
- Gladius Fund, LP
- High Growth Fund, LLC
- TRNS, LLC
We have advised numerous established and emerging managers throughout the United States in forming and operating hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and other alternative funds using varied strategies; including equity, fixed income, distressed debt, sector funds, and real estate. We have also advised operating companies on debt and equity Regulation D private placement securities offerings for all market sectors; including, real estate, energy, lending and finance, healthcare and manufacturing. Below is a representative list of our recent securities transactions:
- Formed a biopharmaceutical sector hedge fund for a New York based investment manager.
- Represented a multi-manager series fund platform incorporating more than ten sub-manager series LLC funds and associated offshore segregated portfolio companies using diverse equity, debt, and real estate-based trading strategies.
- Represented an SEC-registered master-feeder fund in an on-site SEC audit.
- Hedge Fund formation for a Chicago based leveraged options fund, using a structure employing limited partner-owned in-kind contributions as option leverage.
- Acted as counsel to a Florida based medical device manufacturer in a $60 million private placement offering.
- Represented a state-registered investment manager in forming a long-short options fund.
- Formed a multi-strategy hedge fund for a Pennsylvania-based investment manager.
- Represented a London and US based investment manager in the formation of an asset-based lending fund using a side-by-side structure.
- Prepared a $10 million debt private placement offering on behalf of a New Jersey based lender.
- Prepared multiple debt and equity offerings for a security camera manufacturing company.
- Represented a multi-office, mid-size real estate lending hedge fund with respect to multiple fund entities.
- Represented a New York fund manager in the conversion of a $10 million incubator fund into a mixed equity and debt hedge fund.
- Represented a New York based investment manager in the formation of a fixed income arbitrage, global securities fund using a Cayman Islands based master-feeder structure.
- Represented a Florida based medical device manufacturer in a $10 million Regulation D private placement equity offering.
- Multiple multi-million dollar equity series and debt private placement offerings for a New Jersey based debt investor.
- Represented a real estate investment company in a private placement offering to purchase current management and operating leases of long-term care and retirement facilities.
- Private placement offering for a New York based online mobile application company.
- Represented a Chicago based real estate developer in a private placement offering for a multi-million dollar commercial real estate development.
- Represented a New York based investment manager in the formation of an open-ed equities hedge fund.
- Represented a Colorado based film producer in a private placement offering for development of a motion picture.
- Represented an issuer in a $60 million equity offering for the manufacturing and distribution of armored vests.
- Regulation S and Regulation D offering for a real estate company consisting primarily of offshore investors in connection with an EB-5 program.
- Prepared a multi-million dollar equity private placement offering for a 1940 Act Investment Company.
- Hedge Fund formation for a state-registered investment fund focused on monthly options.
- Prepared an equity private placement offering for a major, Washington DC based news reporting corporation.
- Formed a real estate lending fund for a Utah based commercial real estate lending group.
- Represented a Utah based motion picture producer in a Regulation D offering for the development of an independent motion picture private placement offering for a Las Vegas based online mobile application company.
Our clients routinely comment on the depth of our knowledge, the level of sophistication, and the time we take to properly understand and implement the client’s unique objectives. Below is a sampling of our clients’ perspective on our service.
“We formed an SEC-registered hedge fund in 2010. We started out with what we believed was affordable legal advice. In hindsight, we learned that the legal side of forming and operating a hedge fund is one of the most key components to a successful operation. We were fortunate to be referred to John Lore in 2011. John helped us get our documentation and compliance programs in order, which were absolutely essential when we experienced our first SEC exam later that same year. John devoted the time, effort, and expertise to help us be well-prepared for the exam. His experience and knowledge of the ever-changing securities industry is first rate. We continue to have confidence in John and his team as we work toward a new launch. I can recommend John Lore without hesitation.”
We hired John Lore of Capital Fund Law Group to develop a private placement memorandum for my company. John and his team were extremely professional and diligent in getting the work done and I found them to be completely knowledgeable and experts at addressing the various nuances of explaining and determining the appropriate strategy for my particular situation. I would recommend them to anyone in need of securities legal counsel and fully expect to work with them on an ongoing basis as my company grows.”
“In searching for investment fund legal counsel, I interviewed quite a few attorneys. Due to my securities experience and knowledge in the industry, I looked for someone not only capable and experienced, but also with in-depth knowledge in providing advice. John is a remarkable person to work with. He is efficient, reasonable and knowledgeable. Thank you John for your hard work and being flexible to work with our schedule.”
“John is one of the more thoughtful and detailed attorneys we have had the pleasure to work with. He pushes us to be a better company and we have total confidence that once he has analyzed an issue and provided an opinion, it is the correct one. I’d highly recommend him to a new or experienced fund.”
– Mark Taylor | Partner | Taylor Derrick Capital, LLC
“John Lore and Capital Fund Law Group were an extremely professional solution for the legal side of my macro hedge fund launch. Their expertise in all matters relevant to the drafting of fund documents and the applicable statutory requirements was evident throughout the process of my launch. I would recommend their counsel highly.”
– Matthew Klecker | Founder, CIO | Klecker Capital Management, LLC
“Selah Companies, LLC has utilized the services of Capital Fund Law Group as our securities counsel and we are most pleased with its assistance and advice. Selah Companies, LLC will continue to use the services of Capital Fund Law Group for its securities advice.”
– John Dunlap | Chief Executive Officer | Selah Companies, LLC
“Working with Capital Fund Law Group was a structured and professional experience. Their knowledge base was very extensive and helped us in securing financing through the creation of PPMs.”
– Loai Sarabi | President | Fix It Today, LLC
“John Lore and his associates at Capital Fund Law are a great option for your private placement offerings and securities law counsel. They offer professional services in a very timely matter. Their services are competitively priced. We were new to securities offerings and they walked us through each step and providing the needed direction to produce our offering. We highly recommend them for your securities law needs. Selecting them as our counsel was great decision.”
– RAYMOND M. GORDON, JR. | CO-FOUNDER & CEO | LIVID MOBILE, INC
“Since our inception, John Lore has served as legal counsel to our firm on all matters related to fund formation. We chose to utilize John’s services due to his impressive breadth and depth of knowledge regarding various fund formation issues. For example, John provided us with a comprehensive view on the pros and cons of establishing a hedge fund in Pennsylvania. The comprehensive feedback that John provided allowed us to make a well-informed decision regarding this matter, and eventually we decided to register our firm in Pennsylvania. The other securities lawyers we had spoken with prior to meeting John were not nearly as well-informed. Based on our positive experiences to date, we plan on utilizing John’s services for the foreseeable future.”
– Jay Yoon | Managing Director | YCM Investments
“My experience using Capital Fund Law Group to launch my hedge fund has been outstanding. While I had access to other legal talent, using a true specialist in the space proved to be extremely valuable for my firm. John Lore and his team skillfully guided my team through the necessary steps to get started with the right structure and terms. I value the ongoing relationship I have with this outstanding legal firm, and continue to benefit from the high value added by John and his team in a complex and changing regulatory environment for financial service firms.”
– Joseph Cook | Managing Director | Concentus Global Partners, LLC
“After researching many attorneys for fund formation, I settled on Capital Fund Law Group for various reasons. I received expert advice and benefited from the deep experience of the group in fund formation. John Lore and his team approach their clients with a long term perspective in mind. They prefer to continually work with you for all the legal needs of your business at a reasonable cost. They are committed to their client’s success and will go beyond the bare minimum service. I recommend Capital Fund Law Group for all your private placement needs.”
– Joseph Malfeo | Chief Investment Officer | Command Capital Management Options Fund, LP