Christopher Rogers, Esq. | Senior Tax Partner
Christopher Rogers is our Senior Partner at Capital Fund Law Group. Mr. Rogers advises clients in investment fund formation, securities law, corporate law, and taxation. He guides the structuring, establishment, and compliance of various asset classes and strategies of investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, and other alternative investment vehicles, such as digital assets and cannabis.
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Rogers gained extensive experience counseling operating companies regarding raising debt and equity capital through Regulation D private placement offerings in a variety of industries, which include, but are not limited to, real estate, mining, lending, oil and gas, healthcare, manufacturing and automotive. He is a desired legal expert, cited in top-tier industry publications such as U.S. News, Nasdaq, and Investment News regarding his tax, funds, and real estate knowledge.
Mr. Rogers received his J.D. cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law, where he served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Tax and Business Law Society. Mr. Rogers received an LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University after law school.
In addition to his law degrees, Mr. Rogers holds an MBA and Master of Professional Accountancy from Weber State University. He is a member of the Rhode Island State Bar, the Massachusetts State Bar, and the Utah State Bar. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court.
In his free time, Mr. Rogers enjoys spending time with his wife and children, traveling, and participating and coaching in sports programs for his children.
IN THE NEWS
- NFT Tax Guide: 6 Top Tips for NFT Creators & Investors
- How to Tackles Tax Surprises on Cryptocurrency and NFT Investments - Nasdaq
- Professional Profile - New York Real Estate Journal
- Should You Be Investing in Active Real Estate Funds? - U.S. News
- 4 Rules for Buying an Investment Property in a Recession - U.S. News
- 7 Rules for Building a 3-Fund Portfolio - U.S. News
- Overstock's digital dividend ruling doesn't mean anything about NFTs
(visit our In The News page for a full list of featured articles and interviews)
- Represented a New York-based investment manager in the formation of an open-ended equities hedge fund.
- Represented a Colorado-based film producer in a private placement offering for development of a motion picture.
- Represented an issuer in a $60 million equity offering for the manufacturing and distribution of armored vests.
- Regulation S and Regulation D offering for a real estate company consisting primarily of offshore investors in connection with an EB-5 program.
- Prepared a multi-million dollar equity private placement offering for a 1940 Act Investment Company.
- Hedge Fund formation for a state-registered investment fund focused on monthly options.
- Prepared an equity private placement offering for a major, Washington D.C.-based news reporting corporation.
- Formed a real estate lending fund for a Utah based commercial real estate lending group.
- Represented a Utah-based motion picture producer in a Regulation D offering for the development of an independent motion picture private placement offering for a Las Vegas based online mobile application company.
- Represented a Florida-based medical device manufacturer in a $10 million Regulation D private placement equity offering.
- Multiple multi-million dollar equity series and debt private placement offerings for a New Jersey based debt investor.
- Private placement offering for a New York based online mobile application company.