John S. Lore Esq. | Founder & Managing Partner
John Lore is the Founder and Managing Partner of Capital Fund Law Group. As a strategic advisor to emerging and established fund managers throughout the United States, Europe, and the Middle East, Mr. Lore advises on the formation and operations of investment managers in alternative investments; his scope includes real estate funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative funds using varied approaches, including equity, fixed income, distressed debt, and sector funds.
Mr. Lore, over the last several years, has also developed a deep level of expertise related to digital assets and has authored several white papers related to his knowledge in this capacity.
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Lore has advised thousands of investment fund managers on all aspects of their business, from capital raising and fund formation to implementing their business models. His representation of a broad range of managers allows him to keep abreast of emerging trends, regulations, and key business issues in the capital-raising process. Moreover, during the last several years, he has also developed a deep level of expertise in digital assets and authored several white papers related to his knowledge in this capacity.
Before founding Capital Fund Law Group in 2010, Mr. Lore practiced corporate and securities law at leading law firms, including the private securities department of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld in the New York City and Moscow offices. Mr. Lore received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Utah, where he served as a senior member of the Utah Law Review. Mr. Lore received his B.A. from Brigham Young University and is a member of the New York and Utah State Bar.
Mr. Lore frequently speaks at investment management events in the U.S., Europe, and some of the world's leading universities. He is often called upon to provide insights on emerging hedge fund and private equity legal topics to institutional investors; he is quoted in over 100 media articles in over a dozen countries. In his free time, Mr. Lore enjoys vacationing with his wife and children and continuing his passion for recreational mountain biking.
IN THE NEWS
- New York Real Estate Journal - Executive of the Month
- The RegTech Report - Insights on PE and VC investment activity and strategies
- Investment News - SEC won't offer any grace period for Reg BI compliance
- New York Business Journal—What investors can expect now that Opportunity Zone rules are in place
- Financial Advisor—Attorney spells out risks, rewards of the opportunity zone program
- Bloomberg—Trump's Opportunity Zone rules deliver on investors' wish list
- Pensions & Investments—Money managers eager to make the leap to opportunity zone investing
- The Epoch Times—Opportunity Zones: Turning neglected neighborhoods into attractive investments
(visit our In The News page for a full list of featured articles and interviews)
- Digital-Asset Regulation Symposium co-presenter with panelists from Harneys, Stout, and the University of Luxembourg
Columbia University | June 2019
- Co-Lecture with Professor Dirk Zetzsche, University of Luxembourg ADA Chair in Financial Law: Global Center for Investment Fund Studies—Investment Funds Digital Asset Research Issues
Harvard Law School | February 2019
- Real Estate Qualified Opportunity Zone co-presenter with panelists from KPMG and JMA Ventures: Capital Fund Law Real Estate Fund Opportunity Zone Workshop
Columbia University | December 2019
- Guest Panelist, joined by fellow panelists from Novogradic, Snell & Willmer, and JMA for the Opportunity Zones Webinar: In-Depth Discussion for Investors and Advisors
Hosted by JMA Ventures | November 2018
- US Investment Management Law Panelist: Global Institutional Investor Obstacles and Considerations for emerging Digital Asset Investment Issues: 2018 International Trader Forum, Rome, Italy | September 2018
- Co-authorship chapter in the AIFMD Third Edition with Professor Dirk Zetzsche, University of Luxembourg ADA Chair in Financial Law
- Forming a Real Estate Fund: Strategy, Structure, and Investment Terms
- Forming and Operating a Hedge Fund: a Guide for Emerging Managers (eBook)
- Common Hedge Fund Strategies
- Brief Survey of Common Hedge Fund Terms